Deus ex Machina

Passing through unconscious states; when I awoke, I was on the highway.

Friday, April 16, 2004

I'm Going Nucking Futs

Once again, my stubborn self is refusing outright to let anything get into my head. I've been here in Manila for a week now, classes started this Wednesday, and already we have two reports due next week. I can almost predict the outcome of my weekend - I'll spend two thirds of the day sleeping, the rest dazedly walking around my room like a zombie, and the wee hours of Monday cramming for two reports I should have spent the whole weekend doing. Here is my sad state of affairs:

1. As yet I know absolutely nothing about the two subjects I'm taking this summer. This must be because I've been coming to class late again and disappearing in between periods to try to regain my sanity.

2. I have a lot of non-school-related concerns taking up space in my head that keep me from getting any real moment of peace.

3. I've been semi-sick the past few days. This is a new type of condition I picked up in the course of my stay here. Just a few sneezes, a few coughs - nothing serious enough to require any medication but enough to cause me unnecessary annoyance. The only good thing about it is that most of the time it just manages to go away by itself.


Faura looks decent at night. The yellow sodium street lamps even make it look almost beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home