Deus ex Machina

Passing through unconscious states; when I awoke, I was on the highway.

Monday, April 12, 2004

Relief

This is one of the days when I regret all the more that this country was not subjected to a dictatorship under Lee Kwan Yew. I just got back from Davao (I had to leave, there's no way around it) and endured a one-and-a-half-hour flight with an infant wailing incessantly throughout the duration. This is not something you want to happen to you when you need to take a rest. I wouldn't have been so pissed off if it hadn't been for what happened right after - it took exactly 29 minutes from when the conveyor belt started running before I got my only piece of luggage. I checked. And because of that wasted time, I'll have to postpone my enrollment for the summer term tomorrow. I remember Lee saying he made it a priority to make sure airline travelers got their luggage as soon as possible so there wouldn't be any unnecessary waiting. This is a concern our short-sighted politicians wouldn't even dream of addressing. If things had only gone differently, and Singapore got Marcos while we got Lee...

Unfortunately for me, more annoyances followed. After claiming my luggage I suddenly realized I left the book I was reading in the plane, a book which would have been of great use to me and which I most likely will not get another copy of. Stupid me. And then, when I got back to the building I stay in, this creepy taxi driver practically begged me for a large tip which I grudgingly gave him in case he did anything crazy.

Now, though, I am comfortably settled in and I'll be spending the rest of the day relaxing and giving myself a well-deserved rest.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning and I'll see what life has in store for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home