Deus ex Machina

Passing through unconscious states; when I awoke, I was on the highway.

Sunday, March 21, 2004

The Deed Is Done

So. I finally got done moving from blog-city. I thought it would take forever, with me being an HTML ignoramus and all. But I did it. Big smile.

This is my first official post with blogger, and I know I should talk about something interesting and important. But all I can think of is that I have a sudden unexplainable craving for a cinnamon bun. It's stupid, really. I pass by Cinnzeo almost every day, on my way to the mall, and I can't remember how many times I thought about going there and deciding against it because I'm really not the cinnamon-and-sweets type. Must be the fact that I'm really, really hungry. I haven't had any meals since yesterday. Come to think of it, I haven't eaten anything yet today. I woke up at two in the afternoon, which isn't out of the ordinary since I like to sleep in on weekends. Right after that I decided to work on moving my files from blog-city to here, and making everything look decent. Just goes to show how much effort I put in for this.

Now that this is finally over, I'm eating. A lot. The mall is closed by now, sadly, so I can't get the cinnamon bun I'm craving for. But there's a convenience store where I'm staying, and I'm going on a junk-food binge. And then... well, there's another exam coming up this Tuesday. Chemistry. I used to like it, you know. Better than Biology, even. But now things are different. Because I am in Chemistry hell, along with everyone in my class. Hell being defined as a teacher who has everything in common with the Energizer bunny... she just goes on and on and on. To be fair, though, she isn't really a bad teacher. Too good, maybe, but definitely not bad. And she's a decent person. It's just that, well, I mentioned earlier that I'd been sneaking out of class without her noticing. The truth is, there wasn't a single lecture she gave where I listened. I managed last week's exam well enough by reading our course module. I'm hoping to do the same thing for Tuesday. The problem being that the exam isn't even covered by the course (we're taking up Chem 14, General Chemistry, and the Tuesday test is from Chem 18, and I don't even know what it's about) and I have to read almost the entire Chem 18 module, as opposed to reading just a few chapters.

I'm confident I'll be able to pull it off, though. I've gotten out of worse situations. I'll get out of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home