Deus ex Machina

Passing through unconscious states; when I awoke, I was on the highway.

Friday, February 13, 2004

Friday

Today is Friday the Thirteenth. I didn't even notice until someone told me this afternoon. And my immediate thought was, 'Well, Friday the Thirteenths aren't so bad after all.' Because despite all the little annoyances I've had this week, I'm still having an okay day. Here are the reasons:

1. Our artificially natural group presentation for that accursed subject, KOM 3 (Speech in Filipino, the HORROR) which we did this morning, went reasonably well. Our group was, surprisingly, not given the usual bashing by our beloved professor, despite having worked on a script for the supposedly 'extemporaneous' group discussion. Apparently, lines flow more smoothly and naturally to said professor's ears when they are memorized word for word based on a script. I'm not complaining, though. We deserved an uno for what we did, after all the work we put in.

2. After resigning myself to the fact that I did not know squat about the quiz we were going to have for Zoo Lab in the afternoon and watching everyone study study study and spout incomprehensible terms (to me, at least) and deciding that I could just not care for once what grade I'd get for a stupid quiz because I didn't really study anyway, it turned out that our instructor spent close to an hour or more in preparing the slides we needed to view and in that amount of time I was able to read up on everything and realize that there wasn't really that much I needed to stuff in my head after all.

3. My financial troubles have come and gone (almost). Wednesday morning, after completely running out of money and banking on my ATM to withdraw, I was informed that my ATM account had just closed and my mom would be opening a new one but I couldn't use it until today. That turned out to be untrue, because it turns out I need to wait until Saturday to get some freaking money. Fortunately, I received the money my mom sent by courier and I'll be all right until tomorrow when I'll hopefully be able to get the money I very definitely need.

There. Three good things that make me feel better about my day. And I have a weekend of much-needed rest to look forward to. There were some strange things that happened to me though. Like today someone (I don't know who) gave me flowers. Oookay. And my previously-misplaced Chem Lab manual mysteriously appeared on my desk chair (didn't happen today but I'm still guessing who put it there - maybe my subconscious did).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home