Deus ex Machina

Passing through unconscious states; when I awoke, I was on the highway.

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Rules

Awhile ago I took a palm-reading test and learned about the life, head and heart lines on the palm. According to the test I was good in 'believing in myself'. I suppose this is true in most cases. The problem being that I very often leave it at that and do nothing productive with it. What use is confidence when you're just lounging on your butt doing nothing? Where's the challenge I've been hoping to find? Or rather create?

The palmistry thing got me thinking about how people talk about following their head or their heart. Something emotional is supposed to be a 'heart' decision and something practical is supposed to come from the head. I am neither a head nor a heart person. I act by impulse. Whatever strikes my fancy in a particular moment. I'm never emotional and very seldom practical. I wonder how I should describe myself: a 'gut-feel' person?

I have a lot on my mind today. I can think of too many things to do with my time. This is in stark contrast to my usual state of a dazed stupor, content to just sit around and do nothing.

I need a break. And some quiet time to relax and to decide and make sense of everything. Rather than just barraging blindly onwards which is my usual strategy of doing things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home